Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting a new habit

I am not a writer, but I wanted to get into a new habit of learning how to express myself with the intention of improving my verbal skills during everyday conversation. In addition, I want to use this medium as a way to get my thoughts in order on topics that will range from day to day.

With that said, today was a good day with the family. We started out the day having breakfast with a couple of our neighbors. My son (two and a half years old) had a blast with the neighbor's kids. My daughter (6 months old) was released from the hospital on Christmas day. What a great Christmas present. She has been doing great since she's been home. This morning was the first time anyone outside the family was able to spend quality time with her. She has been a little fussy (different than prior to being admitted to the hospital) today. We are watching her like a hawk. Hopefully we won't smother her when she gets older because of the recent events.

My wife and I are doing great. We have been married for 9 years. Our marriage grew up fast in the early years. Trials and tribulation came quickly, but we managed to get through them and emerged a very strong couple. We are working through some deep seeded issues on my end. She has been awesome through this time of confusion for me. We are Christians. Our views are similar on many things. As a result, it makes it easier to share and be vulnerable to a partner that appreciates rather than demean any personal shortcomings.

I am trying to branch out and make new Christian friends. I am not the best person to befriend because I do not take the time to keep in contact with others. I need to work on it. My mom, dad and sister suffer the most because I do the same to them. The fact that they live several hundred miles away doesn't help the situation. If I can surround myself with good, positive people I may get better at this, but the goal is to be a better person in general. I need to put others first. Thinking like that will possibly help me to become a better friend, son, brother, father and husband. That should probably be rearranged: husband, father, son, brother and friend. Actually, now that I think about it there may not be a correct order, but I think you get the point.

Well...there's a little info about me. This blogging thing may turn out to be a good avenue of expression after all.

Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time. - Mark Twain

Day one of starting a new habit. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment: